• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chicken Quesadillas

PurpleDingo99

Chicken Quesadillas

Wow. I just made some quesadillas up as i went, and they were, far and away, the best quesadillas I have ever had. They went something like this

• 13 oz chicken meat (roughly diced)
  • 1 c sherry
  • 3 T EVOO
  • 1/2 c cream cheese
  • 1/2 c chicken stock
  • 2 T cumin seed
  • 2 T ground cumin
  • cilantro (about 2 handfuls of fresh cilantro)
  • grated cheese (your favorite mexican cheese)
  • 4 12" tortillas
  • 4 T butter

Put the chicken meat in a sautee pan and turn up to high heat. When the meat begins a steady sizzle, add the EVOO. Once the EVOO begins to bubble, add half the sherry and cook for two minutes. Add the cumin seed, ground cumin, cream cheese, stock, and remaining sherry. Pull the cilantro apart by hand and add; stir until cream cheese is broken down. Then, stir constantly for 2-3 more minutes. Spoon out 1/4 of the mixture onto half of a tortilla and sprinkle that half with cheese all the way to the edges. Meanwhile, heat a tortilla press (or nested skillets) at 2/3 total heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter and sandwitch the quesadilla between the skillets (and in your press) for a minute; flip and cook for 30 seconds.

Keywords: Main Dish, Chicken, Mexican

( RG1201 )