• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cheese

Liza

I'm a huge cheese fan and happily support it's production both here and abroad. I'm wondering if you or your diners would consider a cheese selection to be out of place at Heartbeat? (I think it's obvious where my choice would be!) As an aside, I recently attended the American Cheese Society conference and saw how amenable cheesemakers are to chef's requests; chefs such as Gale Gand of Tru, and John Waters of Clyde's Restaurant Group were on a panel explaining quite clearly what they wanted, i.e. log size, firmness, etc. and the cheesemakers were taking note. I found both sides to be very open to a collaborative process, which can only be good news for restaurants, cheesemakers, and diners.