• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Le Fooding comes to NYC

LindaK

If you don't frequent the France regional forum, you may not know about Le Fooding. Top chefs cooking in informal, public venues...I've never been but it always sounded like fun.

You can find the eG thread here

Well, it's coming to NYC, as reported recently in the NYT. Has anyone been to any of the Paris Fooding events?

• 2 weeks later...
If you don't frequent the France regional forum, you may not know about Le Fooding. Top chefs cooking in informal, public venues...I've never been but it always sounded like fun.

Well, it's coming to NYC, as reported recently in the NYT.  Has anyone been to any of the Paris Fooding events?

How can we find out more about the NY events?

Well, it's coming to NYC, as reported recently in the NYT.  Has anyone been to any of the Paris Fooding events?

How can we find out more about the NY events?

Le Fooding has a website that gives info on their events (in French). As of today, the website notes that the NYC Le Fooding is scheduled but that the official website for the event is still under construction. Presumably it will go live at some point--and maybe in English? In the meantime, you can check out the culinary lineup of their summer events in France to get an idea of they operate.

• 2 months later...

The Le Fooding Paris-New York website is up and running here. Full details of the events and a downloadable progam, with great graphic posters for each chef.

Here's how it's described:

12 chefs, three mixologists, two butchers, one ice-cream maker, two DJs, 15 graphic designers, a select vintner, a fine Champagne, some fromages and a mystery guest, to feast your senses and do some conscious good.

The lineup of chefs looks amazing, including the likes of Yves Camdeborde and Christophe Pelé from Paris and David Chang and Wylie Dufresne from NYC.

Getting tickets appears to be something of a lottery system. Registering gets you a secret code that lets you vie for tickets when they become available, whenever that will be.

If anyone scores tickets and attends, please post about the experience!

A quick update, since just registering myself turned up some additional information.

Registering on the Le Fooding site gets you a secret code that you can use to register for advance purchase tickets. You can only register for one of the two evenings. I assume lucky ones will find out via email, but it isn't clear.

The event is a fundraiser for Action Against Hunger. Their website says that tickets will be available for general sale on September 15.

A quick update, since just registering myself turned up some additional information.

Registering on the Le Fooding site gets you a secret code that you can use to register for advance purchase tickets.  You can only register for one of the two evenings.  I assume lucky ones will find out via email, but it isn't clear.

The event is a fundraiser for Action Against Hunger.  Their website says that tickets will be available for general sale on September 15.

Where on the site did you register? This whole process is a bit maddening.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Registering on the Le Fooding site gets you a secret code that you can use to register for advance purchase tickets.  You can only register for one of the two evenings.  I assume lucky ones will find out via email, but it isn't clear.

The event is a fundraiser for Action Against Hunger.  Their website says that tickets will be available for general sale on September 15.

Where on the site did you register? This whole process is a bit maddening.

Maddening is a a good word for it. I ended up trying some random Google searches and somehow landed on their registration site:

Le Fooding Registration Site

Give them your name and email address and you'll be sent a code and link that will let you register. Once having done that, it's not clear whether you actually have tickets or you need to wait for another email. I suspect the latter.

Stories about Paris Le Fooding sound similar, so I don't think we're getting special treatment here.