• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mulled beers

rstarobi

With the temperature beginning to edge towards freezing, my thoughts have turned to warm drinks. Since my favorite drink happens to be beer, does anyone know of any beers that are meant to be mulled? I remember reading of one in a Michael Jackson book, but I haven't dug through it yet.

"Long live democracy, free speech and the '69 Mets; all improbable, glorious miracles that I have always believed in."

back when Bert Grant was still operating his Yakima brewery in the mid 80's, they made a spiced ale that they put out at xmas time that you supposedly could drink warmed. I never did, but I did really like that beer and I looked forward to getting it every year. Who was the brewer there then? anyone know? its character changed over the years and then they stopped making it altogether. pity. I wonder who has that old recipe.

Born Free, Now Expensive