• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for a start-up confectioner

Carolyn Tillie

I am looking to find a candy maker or confectioner who might just be getting started for a product I would like...

I am an artist making food and wine jewelry. I currently have a line based on sushi and at wholesale trade shows, I would like to offer bites of sushi-looking candy.

There were two different companies offering; the most famous being Koo-Ki Sushi who is out of business. Those pieces were actually too big for me to want to offer as a free perk and I am hoping someone might be interested in producing some that are smaller (and maybe individually wrapped).

Thoughts?

Tell you what - I'll teach you how to make the candy - then you can produce it!

I'm too busy making sushi jewelry (12-hour days, thankyouverymuch)! The dessert jewelry is an easy sell -- I can get miniature pastries -- but would really like to offer candy sushi...

I don't have any desire go commercial, but I would love to learn to produce the quality of Koo-Ki's Sushi. I found a few web pages on the topic, but only one looks that good Brownie Points Blog. Do you have techniques to replicate more pieces?

I don't have any desire go commercial, but I would love to learn to produce the quality of Koo-Ki's Sushi. I found a few web pages on the topic, but only one looks that good Brownie Points Blog. Do you have techniques to replicate more pieces?

Nope - I was just willing to teach her how to make various types of candy - she'd have to figure out what worked for what sushi.