• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

marinated chicken pieces left over after

zoe b

I made fried chicken for the first time yesterday--this was supposed to be a cooking afternoon with my cuz the trained chef --but it seems that there was a big football game

so the guest list grew to 10--not what i wanted to happen when trying out something for the first time that involves hot grease.........

But the chicken was a success--what a mess, though--grease everywhere--luckily the cuz just kept wiping surfaces down to keep things under control.

I cut up four chickens and marinated the pieces in buttermilk, hot sauce and salt--didn't cook all of the chicken--probably 10 pieces left uncooked.

I have no desire to either eat or cook fried chicken again anytime soon, so the question is--should i freeze them in the marinade, or wipe it off--i seem to remember that you shouldn't leave chicken in buttermilk too long as it makes it mooshy .

thanks--Z