• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Low Fat Bisquick is Delish!

zoe b

First, I have to say that I grew up with Bisquick--biscuits, pancakes, shortcake, coffee cake, impossible pie--all of the above.

But I left home, and became someone who makes everything from scratch.

However, in September my family--siblings & spouses and kids--rented a house in Ocean City NJ for my Mom's 80th b-day.

As the only people who were driving, we inherited all the pantry leftovers--some low fat Bisquick was included.

It sat in my pantry until one night last week when we were having a sausage & bean & potato & chard stew for dinner--and I had no good bread in the house and no desire to go to the store--so I made biscuits with the Bisquick--and I have to say they were really good--light, just slightly sweet and a little crunchy on the bottom--so good that I made them again tonight.

I didn't read the ingredients list real carefully, but I did see that canola is the oil--nothing hydrogenated. it goes on the list with Light Hellman's--the only other low fat product that i think is decent.

Zoe

Edited by zoe b (log)