• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

I have been collecting teapots for fifty years so have more than a few. :blink:

Here, Richard, are some that were easiest for me to reach. I don't do stepladders so the others will have to wait until I have help.

This first batch range from the old to the modern.

The oldest here is the copper with rosewood handle, made by Gorham in 1881, inherited from my grandmother. The white pot with the chrome jacket laying beside the pot is one made by Hall China in 1940.

The one with fruit is a Royal Wocester "Evesham" pattern, late 40s. The maroon pot is also by Hall China, made for the Lipton Tea company. The SS one reminded me of the Hall china Aladdin teapot so I bought it last year.

gallery_17399_60_318668.jpg

Most of my teapots have the perforations between the vessel and the spout - very efficient!

gallery_17399_60_43318.jpggallery_17399_60_59414.jpggallery_17399_60_56923.jpg

The cobalt blue Aladdin by Hall, I have this pot in several colors. It doesn't have the perforations but has an internal china infuser - not in the pot right now, wrapped and put away because they chip easily.

gallery_17399_60_52016.jpg

And some little pots along with a newer Bodum and the figural teapot that is my kitchen mascot.

It is pre-war. (WWII) Also a Yixing as well as a couple of tiny odd things I picked up in San Francisco in the late 50s.

gallery_17399_60_149185.jpg

The inside of the Hall china metal "jacket" - Not bad for a pot that is almost as old as me!

gallery_17399_60_14583.jpg

And one of the "Tea for One" sets aptly named "Andrea" - a gift from a friend who says I am "impossible" to buy for.

gallery_17399_60_72752.jpg

andiesenji

andiesenji

I have been collecting teapots for fifty years so have more than a few. :blink:

Here, Richard, are some that were easiest for me to reach. I don't do stepladders so the others will have to wait until I have help.

This first batch range from the old to the modern.

The oldest here is the copper with rosewood handle, made by Gorham in 1919, inherited from my grandmother. The white pot with the chrome jacket laying beside the pot is one made by Hall China in 1940.

The one with fruit is a Royal Wocester "Evesham" pattern, late 40s. The maroon pot is also by Hall China, made for the Lipton Tea company. The SS one reminded me of the Hall china Aladdin teapot so I bought it last year.

gallery_17399_60_318668.jpg

Most of my teapots have the perforations between the vessel and the spout - very efficient!

gallery_17399_60_43318.jpggallery_17399_60_59414.jpggallery_17399_60_56923.jpg

The cobalt blue Aladdin by Hall, I have this pot in several colors. It doesn't have the perforations but has an internal china infuser - not in the pot right now, wrapped and put away because they chip easily.

gallery_17399_60_52016.jpg

And some little pots along with a newer Bodum and the figural teapot that is my kitchen mascot.

It is pre-war. (WWII) Also a Yixing as well as a couple of tiny odd things I picked up in San Francisco in the late 50s.

gallery_17399_60_149185.jpg

The inside of the Hall china metal "jacket" - Not bad for a pot that is almost as old as me!

gallery_17399_60_14583.jpg

And one of the "Tea for One" sets aptly named "Andrea" - a gift from a friend who says I am "impossible" to buy for.

gallery_17399_60_72752.jpg