• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

North Delaware Co. Restaurants - Vilanova to Wayne

tim

Hi,

We are looking for a very casual, inexpensive restaurant that will be fun and serve good food on a Friday evening. We are staying just West of Vilanova and don't want to go too far.

Our family (20 to 30 max.) is involved in the restaurant business and will probably make a little noise and have a little fun. The quality of the food is more important than the atmosphere.

I would appreciate any thoughts.

Tim

I've been to the upstairs and downstairs parts of Maia, the downstairs (the bistro part) would be good for this, especially since it's right near where you're staying. I think they have a private room upstairs but the prices up there are not inexpensive. It would probably help if you could define 'inexpensive'.

Their menu is on Menupages here, but the prices look off to me, I've had the kobe pastrami and the burger and I don't remember them being $14. My memory could be faulty though, or the price could have gone up since I was there.

Oh, and the food is good. I wasn't a big fan of the things I ate in the upstairs restaurant, but the bistro is nice, and more reasonably priced. There are some photos of the food and the interior at David McDuff's blog.

Edited by Buckethead (log)