• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ducasse's Grand Livre de Cuisine series

johung

Hi all,

I have been trying to locate the complete Grand Livre de Cuisine series in English. From his French website and my very limited school French I believe he has published 5 titles for the series:

1. "Classic" Cuisine

2. Desserts and Pastries

3. Mediterranean

4. Bistro and Brasserie

5. Contemporary style

Apparently volumes 1 and 2 have been published but I have not been able to find any English version for volumes 3 to 5. Dropped an enquiry to Ducasse's website but no response.

Does anyone know if we will ever need to go to the French original for the complete series, or will we see an English version some day?

Thanks in advance and any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Hi all,

I have been trying to locate the complete Grand Livre de Cuisine series in English.  From his French website and my very limited school French I believe he has published 5 titles for the series:

1. "Classic" Cuisine

2. Desserts and Pastries

3. Mediterranean

4. Bistro and Brasserie

5. Contemporary style

Apparently volumes 1 and 2 have been published but I have not been able to find any English version for volumes 3 to 5.  Dropped an enquiry to Ducasse's website but no response.

Does anyone know if we will ever need to go to the French original for the complete series, or will we see an English version some day?

Thanks in advance and any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

I was unable to find Alain Ducasse's website but PM me if I can help with translation.

Yes, I and II are out in English (best place to order them probably amazon.com international shipping, depending on what the USD/NZD fx rate is doing at the time). No I was actually reissued in a compact (and much less pricy) hardcover last year and is highly recommended.

As to whether the rest get rolled out, I'd be surprised (limited market an all that). And if they did it would take years. I'd just get the French versions if I were you.

There is also a "compact" paperback version of Vol I in French. All the content just really shrunk down. Great for posing with on the bus, but probably not that practical in the kichen.

J

More Cookbooks than Sense - my new Cookbook blog!