• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Altay.Oro

Altay.Oro

On 7/6/2021 at 12:37 AM, Jim D. said:

@Rajala has been kind enough to send me the link to the cinnamon bun bonbon recipe on his website.

I roughly know the functions that various type of sugars do on the end result of the ganache structure, sweetness, stiffness etc ... but still could not get the exact decision process used for calculating the rigorous amounts of different sugar types to add to the recipes when fine tuning.

@Rajala if possible, can you share with us your complete decision process under your choice of sugars and amounts of them used in this ganache formulation?

Altay.Oro

Altay.Oro

@Rajala has been kind enough to send me the link to the cinnamon bun bonbon recipe on his website.

I roughly know the functions that various type of sugars do on the end result of the ganache structure, sweetness, stiffness etc ... but still could not get the exact decision process used for calculating the rigorous amounts of different sugar types to add to the recipes when fine tuning.

@rajala ... if possible, can you share with us your complete decision process under your choice of sugars and amounts of them used in this ganache formulation?

Altay.Oro

Altay.Oro

Rajala ... if possible, can you share with us your complete decision process under your choice of sugars and amounts of them used in this ganache formulation?

Altay.Oro

Altay.Oro

I roughly know the functions that various type of sugars do on the end result of the ganache structure, sweetness, stiffness etc ... but still could not get the exact decision process used for calculating the amounts of different sugar types to add to the recipes when fine tuning.

Rajala ... if possible, can you share with us your complete decision process under your choice of sugars and amounts of them used in this ganache formulation?