• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

rosie's wine bar

tommy g

live around the corner and stumbled across it last night as being their unofficial opening night.

as most people probably dont knonw where this is....across from the shop rite on north avenue in the townhouse development complex. its actually on the furthest corner going towards westfield.

anyway, met the owner and a few of the staff. great time, great place and sure to be a hit in this locale. as a non-professional wine conosuer (sp?) the selection was great and you can pick a bottle off the wall at retail price (not restaurant retail) and for a $15 corkage fee sit and enjoy your find.

they have a great lil bar menu ranging from a cheese plate to a filet mignon ($20)...but again, i stress bar menu. it is not even remotely billed as a "restaurant"

if youre in the area, give it and try and enjoy...hopefully like we did

sorry for the delay, the wines range the whole spectrum. the owner will have a constant revolving inventory.

by the glass there are 3 price ranges, if i recall correctly 650, 9, and 1150 i believe or very close to that.

give it a try and judge for yourself, we enjoyed the "newcomer" to the area and the staff is very friendly but still learning. pop in after work one night or maybe on the way home from dining somewhere else

• 3 months later...

A friend went here last week and said it's a cute spot, the 9.50 wine was far better than the 6.50 one (they were drinking Malbec, iirc but he didn't tell me which one), and the cheese plate was more than generous for the price ($11ish, iirc). Sounds like I'll have to check it out. Anyone been lately?

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."