• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2008 Saveur Top 100

Dr. Teeth

Easily my favorite issue of any magazine each year. Always find one or two things that I hadn't tried that end up being a real treat.

Which sort of brings me to my two points/questions:

1) Anyone else have the same feeling about this issue?

2) Congrats to Rancho Gordo for making the list. May finally be a sign that I need to break down and order some beans.

Edit: I missed the thread in the members section. My bad. Any mod willing to merge this with the existing thread?

Edited by Dr. Teeth (log)

Mmmm . . . order the Rancho Gordo beans. Really. Use the Russ Parsons No Soak Method. There's a thread.

I usually hate lists like this. It's the first time I've bought this magazine. I intend to try to taste everything on the list I'm unfamiliar with.

There's another thread out there, someone's blog on the top ten best foods in the world or something. I read 80 million entries and made note of everything I didn't know on the list, put that list in my Palm, and I'm working my way through it.

God help me when my curiosity goes.

I like to bake nice things. And then I eat them. Then I can bake some more.

2) Congrats to Rancho Gordo for making the list.  May finally be a sign that I need to break down and order some beans.

If you like beans, your life will never be the same after your first order. It's like, bean nirvana. :wub: