• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recs for culinary students

Buechner

I am attending culinary school for a short period of time and am looking for some restaurant recommendations. My classmates and I would like to take advantage of the some of the restaurants here, but on a budget! We are not looking for haute cuisine, rather some great finds that may not be in the guides. Good ingredients and authentic preparation as well as price are key! Would love to hear some suggestions. Some that i have yet to try are fatty crab, new green bo, grand sichuan...any favorites at these? How about good indian? One of my friends has fallen in love with pork belly, suggestions? Thanks!

My suggestion is to read through the existing threads since the beginning of the year - all of your questions will be answered :smile: .

For instance, there's a best Indian thread here,

here's one on Momofuku (click), and here's one on Szechuan Gourmet (click)...enjoy.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?