• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

26 minutes ago, kayb said:

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

I, on the other hand, buy the big bag of peeled cloves from Sam's and confit them.

I often buy Christopher Ranch peeled garlic but I bought three heads of garlic with the intention of roasting them.  But then I decided I wanted to make some Aloo Gobi  which calls for ginger garlic paste. Since I needed to make it anyway I made enough to freeze as I use a lot of it when I'm in my Indian phase. 

I am truly scatterbrained and very often my ingredients get bumped from the recipe intended to something that caught my eye.  Like a magpie who is attracted by shiny things I am attracted by new recipes.

Anna N

Anna N

I, on the other hand, buy the big bag of peeled cloves from Sam's and confit them.

I often buy Christopher Ranch peeled garlic but I bought three heads of garlic with the intention of roasting them.  But then I decided I wanted to make some Aloo Gobi  which calls for ginger garlic paste. Since I needed to make it anyway I made enough to freeze as I use a lot of it when I'm in my Indian phase. 

I am truly scatterbrained and very often my ingredients get bumped from the recipe intended to something that caught my eye.  Like a magpie who is attracted by shiny things I am attracted by new recipes.

Anna N

Anna N

Anna N

Anna N

Anna N

Anna N

17 minutes ago, kayb said:

I often by Christopher Ranch peeled garlic but I bought three heads of garlic with the intention of roasting them.  But then I decided I wanted to make some Aloo Gobi  which calls for ginger garlic paste. Since I needed to make it anyway I made enough to freeze as I use a lot of it when I'm in my Indian phase.