• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

While not new in kitchen gadgets I will say that the discovery of the Charles Viancin Silicone Cover pot/bowl covers has allowed me to stop using foil to cover bowls to keep things warm while finish up a meal, I made a traditional pork roast with root vegetables for dinner last night. Potatoes into a bowl, cover with a CVSC, Carrots into a bowl,cover with a CVSC, onions into a bowl, cover with a CVSC, make pan-drippings gravy, cover the saucier with a CVSC, keeping it all warm while I then carved the roast.

I'm also a lover of silicone pot/bowl lids.

The Charles Viancin were too flowery and textured for my taste, and too expensive for my budget.

I stood my ground and held out until I stumbled on steeply discounted Lékué silicone suction lids at T.J.Maxx...a set of three lids (10", 8" and 6") for just ~$15.00 + tax.

I suspect the steep discount was due to the orange color being discontinued.

Anyway, I'm always on the lookout for more silicone lid bargains. :)

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

While not new in kitchen gadgets I will say that the discovery of the Charles Viancin Silicone Cover pot/bowl covers has allowed me to stop using foil to cover bowls to keep things warm while finish up a meal, I made a traditional pork roast with root vegetables for dinner last night. Potatoes into a bowl, cover with a CVSC, Carrots into a bowl,cover with a CVSC, onions into a bowl, cover with a CVSC, make pan-drippings gravy, cover the saucier with a CVSC, keeping it all warm while I then carved the roast.

The Charles Viancin were too flowery and textured for my taste, and too expensive for my budget.

I stood my ground and held out until I stumbled upon steeply discounted Lékué silicone suction lids at T.J.Maxx...a set of three lids (10", 8" and 6") for just ~$15.00 + tax.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

The Charles Viancin were too flowery and such for my taste, and too expensive for my budget.

I stood my ground and held out until I stumbled upon steeply discounted Lékué silicone suction lids at T.J.Maxx...a set of three lids (10", 8" and 6") for just ~$15.00 + tax.