• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants in Hershey?

Apraxhren

I'm in need of some help, my sister and her husband are going out to Hersey and I'd like to get them a nice meal while they are there. The problem is that I know nothing of the area and my internet searches have so far not yielded anything of interest. I'm looking for a place not overly fancy, kinda casual in the $30-50 per person range. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I'm in need of some help, my sister and her husband are going out to Hersey and I'd like to get them a nice meal while they are there. The problem is that I know nothing of the area and my internet searches have so far not yielded anything of interest. I'm looking for a place not overly fancy, kinda casual in the $30-50 per person range. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

They might enjoy the What If at 845 E. Chocolate, which should fit in that price range depending upon their choice of beverages. Al Mediterraneo, next door in Hummelstown, is also a reliable choice. While neither place is at all dressy, an even more casual establishment is the Warwick located in the center of Hummelstown. While the food, overall, is not overly impressive, the crabcakes are perhaps the best in the immediate area.

If they wouldn't mind a short drive (15 minutes or so) into Harrisburg for that dinner, there are TONS of choices - my favorites being Bricco (www.briccopa.com) or Mangia Qui (www.mangiaqui.com) - both excellent choices here in the capital city!

Right in Hershey, I'd second the previous poster's What If? Cafe recommendation. I'd always heard about Al Med in Hummelstown for years and how good it was, but when I finally went, it was just fine, in my opinion. Tasty, but not overly *special,* if you know what I mean. But others rave, so who knows. Maybe I just went on an off night.

Just go for it and go to the Circular Dining Room at The Hotel Hershey

the hotel is beautiful and the Circular dining room is what I always imagined the Old hotel dining rooms were like

Also, the new Chocolate Spa treatments are neat at the Hotel as well

I think they are on open table too so a reservation is super easy

Edited by mandabear (log)

Thanks for the suggestions, exactly what I was looking for. I think I'll contact Al Mediterraneo in the morning, I like the sound of the menu and the fact they grow some food, even if it is the dead of winter and nothing will be growing. I'd really like to know more about Mangia Aqui but unfortunately their website seems to not be working at the moment. Thanks again for the excellent help.