• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Schwarzbein Principle

gfron1

So I'm at an Oktoberfest party last night enjoying my third brat and a friend comes up to me and says, "You know, that's good for you." I laughed. She didn't. She continued, "The Schwarzbein Principle says you can eat whipping cream, eggs, bacon, even whale fat. Its good for you. And she's a doctor." Later this friend stuffed a note in my pocket with the spelling of her name just in case I was interested.

So...whale fat...well besides that, isn't this just Atkins redone? Has anyone bought the books and tapes and supplements?

I'm not in need of diet aids at this point in my life, but I had never heard of this, so I thought I'd ask. HERE is the webpage from the good doctor.

I don't know how to link, but there was a long thread in the France forum about the Montignac eating plan which these are derivative of (Blauvergne of the several wonderful EGblogs I think was the starter)

I don't know how to link, but there was a long thread in the France forum about the Montignac eating plan which these are derivative of (Blauvergne of the several wonderful EGblogs I think was the starter)

Think you are right. here's the link. I've been on & off this for nearly 20 years. It works.

I'm about to go back on the Method after a very indulgent summer.

Here's a link to the website for the Montigac Diet. Take it from there and you'll soon be in good shape.

Think you are right. here's the link. I've been on & off this for nearly 20 years. It works.

I'm about to go back on the Method after a very indulgent summer.

Thanks for providing the links Dave. I really need to sit down and learn how.

More than links now. I'm starting on Thursday.

Anyone care to join me?

If so or if just curious go here.