• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hot Dogs

joiei

I discovered another hot dog stand today in T-town. Grumpy's garden puts them on a smoker and that is all he has. That and some sodas. Great stuff, lightly smoked with relish, onions, jalapenos and mustard, yum. Grumpy's garden is on 15th street near downtown.

Life is good in Tulsa. I don't have to deal with those damn coney dogs any more.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

The same place, but he sets up a smoker and a card table and is in business. I do understand he sometimes doesn't set up if the weather is inclement or if he doesn't feel like it.

Kind of like the guy who owns JJ's Gourmet Burgers, that guy, if he doesn't like you for any reason will kick you out of his restaurant. And he has one of the best burgers in town.

Edited by joiei (log)

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!