• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recommendations in Almeria

jameswilliam

Hi

I'm going to be going to Almeria on holiday soon and I wondered if anybody could recommend any good places to eat or dishes to look out for. I'm going to be around the Cabo de Gata area. I've heard that there are supposed to be good fish restaurants in Garrucha but I'm not sure which ones. Any ideas would be terrific

Thanks

James

The dining scene is getting better all the time in Almería. In town, go for the mindbogglingly-good tapas at Taberna Torreluz (Plaza de las Flores), Casa Joaquín, Casa Puga or El Quinto Toro. Almería is one of the tapas capitals of Spain - a little-known fact abroad! In the Cabo de Gata area, La Goleta is a good choice. The local waters are surprisingly rich (this being the Mediterranean...) in coastal fish and shellfish, including the regal red shrimp.

Victor de la Serna

elmundovino

There's a restaurant in Roquetas de Mar from which I have the best references, particularly about how they treat fish in their dishes.

Restaurante Alejandro

Avda Antonio Machado, 32 (Puerto de Roquetas de Mar)

Phone: 950322408

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)