• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

anyone know of a good vanilla frosting recipe for

maui420

id like to try my hand at donuts and since vanilla frosting is my favorite, i was wondering if anyone knows of a good vanilla frosting for donuts. im not sure what makes the apperance waxy looking. im thinking it just vaniall extract, powdered sugar and a little bit of whole milk mixed in a small pot on low?

thanks.

How could we not have a whole topic dedicated to to this question on the eG Forum already!

Here are some starting points:

The Donut Topic

Here's an Alton Brown recipe

Dunkin Donuts Recipe

Krispy Kreme Recipe

Also, are you looking for a glaze or a frosting?

hi, im looking for a vanilla frosting. thanks for the links. i guess it looks like the kk thread of chocolate frosting but w/o the chocolate may do.

CHOCOLATE FROSTING:

1/3 cup butter

2 cups powdered sugar

1-1/2 tsp. vanilla

4–6 tbl. hot water

4 ounces milk chocolate chips or semisweet chocolate chips

How could we not have a whole topic dedicated to to this question on the eG Forum already!

Here are some starting points:

The Donut Topic

Here's an Alton Brown recipe

Dunkin Donuts Recipe

Krispy Kreme Recipe

Also, are you looking for a glaze or a frosting?