• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hakka cuisine

Fugu

Thank you for that information Shel_B, unfortunately, I live in Toronto. I should have specified the geographic location. I will keep that in mind next time I visit San Francisco again. Love Golden Gate Park! I used to live in Daly city. :smile:

I'm not sure just how authentic it is but you could try Bombay Chopsticks. We went a few weeks ago and enjoyed the meal. We went to the location at Albion and Kipling. I think there are is another location but I'm not sure where. The was some of the standard Chinese dishes onthe menu but a few were noted as hakka style and a few more that I don't know the originas of.

Thank you, Toweringpine, I am also in Etobicoke, aka Toronto West. That location you provided is near my house, by Centennial Park. There is a Dominion at Kipling and Eglington, I will have a look after I do some grocery shopping.

Thanks. :smile:

• 2 months later...

On Dundas a little ways into Mississauga there is a new restaurant; "Anna" I think it is called. The building used to be a Licks Homeburgers. They weren't open the last time I drove by but there was a big sign out front advertising Northern and Southern Indian and Hakka cuisine. I am looking forward to the opening.

On Dundas a little ways into Mississauga there is a new restaurant; "Anna" I think it is called. The building used to be a Licks Homeburgers. They weren't open the last time I drove by but there was  a big sign out front advertising Northern and Southern Indian and Hakka cuisine. I am looking forward to the opening.

Perfect, that's near my house. I am near Centennial Park, bordering Mississauga.

Thanks

I eat at two. Mostly this little take out on Overlea west of Don Mills. I will add the name tomorrow if I remember as I have the menu at work.

Mark

The place we order from is Hakka Garden Chinese Restaurant at 25 Overlea BLVd, Unit #7A (416) 421-8898.

I have tried their Bombay Chicken and Manchurian Squid and both have been great and I love the hot pickled peppers they give. Price is cheap-moderate. They are Halal as well.

I eat at two. Mostly this little take out on Overlea west of Don Mills. I will add the name tomorrow if I remember as I have the menu at work.

Mark

The place we order from is Hakka Garden Chinese Restaurant at 25 Overlea BLVd, Unit #7A (416) 421-8898.

I have tried their Bombay Chicken and Manchurian Squid and both have been great and I love the hot pickled peppers they give. Price is cheap-moderate. They are Halal as well.

Thanks, I used to live around Don Mills and Sheppard, so I am familiar with the area. I may pass by when I go to our monthly orchid club meeting at the Toronto Botanical Gardens.