• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coquette Bistro & Raw Bar

Alec Hart

Nope. As I mentioned, they've been closed for what seems like close to two weeks at this point. Granted, they were only open Thurs-Sun. at this point, probably the first sign that the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are sitting at the bar, but I haven't seen anyone in there since shortly after the breakin was reported.

I suspect that there's a lot more going on than a $2800 judgement putting a stake through Coquette's heart. Having worked through a bankruptcy at Rouge, I know that if one gets the protections that come with formally filing for bankruptcy, there are court ordered laid out schedules of payments being made to the creditors, etc. I'm not sure how the prior bankruptcy of SSOH might effect Cary's ability to do so at Coquette, but it is a separate entity, so I imagine that he has/had that option before going down in flames over $2800... :unsure: Better watch those $9/hr. line cooks. Once they're lawyered up they're apparently pretty dangerous.

What an inelegant and undignified end for what was a very cute little restaurant. I used to stop by there with some frequency on my way home from Chick's as it was right on my way and the perfect place for a late plate of oysters and glass of white wine. Haven't done that in a while since the late night hours seem to have been the first cut back. Also, all the folks I know that used to work there are no more. Sad.

Edited by KatieLoeb (log)

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol