• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Water Baths

Gabe Q

Hello. Well I've been doing searches on the consumer forums and haven't found anything specific on this. I have read the food saver topics which is part of my interest. But now what I want to know is where can I get as good affordable water bath for my home kitchen? I did some reasearch on google and got some websites, mostly from Europe and they never quote prices, so I have no idea what they run for.

I would want either just a individual water bath or a bath/circulator that you can attach to the top of a stock pot. Preferably though the stand alone water bath, just a small one.

So does anyone know of a good source here in the USA and any actual prices?????

Hi,

Check out this thread:

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=60181

I think you'll find most folks buy their equipment used on Ebay. I got my circulator for about $200. The new ones run for about $1000. You can get them from JB Prince, or a couple of other culinary vendors, but you can also buy them from lab equipment vendors.

-al

---

al wang