• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Did you eat an after-school snack?

Sony

Lots of graham crackers, all the way up through high school.

But here's a testament to youthful metabolism. Sometimes between school's end (2:45 p.m.) and lacrosse or indoor track practice, I would skitter off to 7-11 and whack down the largest Gulp worth of Mountain Dew, a bag of cheese puffs and some Slim Jims. Then go run several miles.

I alternated. Kosher salami sandwiches made with mustard and relish, served on Hollywood Bread or in a pita. Or, a chopped up half head of iceberg lettuce, with lots of vinegar and oil mixed in. Then, occasionally, we had Hydrox cookies and milk.

My Kiddle eats a snack EVERY day. Her lunch is at 11:00AM and she gets home from school at 3:45PM! She eats toast with cream cheese and tomato, she eats a tomato salad, she eats leftovers, she eats an apple with some cheese, she eats a bowl of cereal with milk, she eats a yogurt, she eats a Luna bar, she eats whatever I baked that day, she eats a veggie burger. She basically just eats. I love her! 

soon she will be eating a cream cheese and tomato sandwich with some baby crabs in it! :raz:

I wish my mom baked cookies when I was younger, but nope never did. I think I got some cut up fruit or kimbap, or dried squid with peanuts. delish! Now I go to college and after school I come home and like to have toast with butter and sea salt or maybe some yogurt.

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA