Jump to content

JoaoBertinatti

new member
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Wow, I really thought that vegetable shortening was margarine! The recipe calls for vegetable shortening! It is the kind of product that I have never bought, but I am shocked, it was the same for me, until now that I googled. I have calibrated the oven before, but as it is small the temperature flutuate a lot without the stone inside. they suggest for 190º in home oven 25-27minutes, it stayed a lot less than this, maybe then temperature was to high?
  2. Hi guys, I would like to ask help with something about modernist Hamburger buns, I tried yesterday and baked in 2 batches in my little home oven 180-200 C. the first I waited for crust become golden to check internal temp, it is suggested 90-93, but in 18' it was already 98°. The next batch i took out in 15', still White crust and it was already 93.1°C. I forgot to take Picture before freezing, but here are the batches frozen. For taste matter, the golden Brown crust is much better than the White crust... What do you think happened? I used coconut oil in place of margarine, and egg washed before proofing and before baking
  3. Did it. This is 650g in a 500g baking cup. I am sure that I prefere the one leavened just with sourdough, but this came alright . Addictions were chocolate White and Dark , candied Orange peel. Baked in cheap home oven 175° without stone to 95 internal temp 45' Plus 10' ventin. Candied Orange was my last hope for candied fruits as I don't have cherry in my country, and i didnt like as well! They proofed very fast at 28° room temp with osmotolerant yeast, i think i am gonna decrease next time to extend fermentation. My goal is to achieve biggg holes in Panettones.
  4. What do you guys think about freezing the third build of panettone recipe in 115g portions and using it again with 12g of instant dry yeast?
  5. JoaoBertinatti

    Home Made Ice Cream (2015– )

    Hey, I live in Brazil where science food is very much behind you guys, and government hinders imports doubling price with taxes so It's kinda hard to get little ammounts of stabilizers; yet I mannaged to paulraphael carragen forms. Anyway, I live in the southest state and we are large milk producers, here they make zero lactose fatfull powdered milk using lactase and using MVR process(low temp), beeing in this underdeveloped country and having it, I can't accept that you can't find zero lac powdered in your country. My question would be exactly about the milk MVR process( I really don't know who to ask); do you think it makes the proteins denatured? Could I make cheese using this kind of milk (the cheeseses that UHT does not work)? Anyways, from my experiences, I like to put my custard base in a big 1.5L glass heat in microwave to at least 50ºC then sous vide for 1 hour at 80ºC, because I don't like the to see leftovers in bags and to simplify the mixing mess process, using a hand mixer before/after and after fridge in the same pot. I love experimentating dulce de leche sous vide using sweet condensed milk (i make mine using milk powder and half usual sugar)few hours(8 for normal milk?) at 80-82º in pot/plastic bag. And I tried doing it with zero lac milk powder. it's incredible that as the lactose is already broken in galactose+dextrose when you cook, in half the time, like 4 hours, you already have dulce de leche, I don't understand much about maillard reaction anyways, even though i'm a physician as maillard
  6. Hey guys, I have a question. I am planning to feed my levain at 10pm and use it after 14h, 12am, My doubt is, I take what I need at 12am (like 70%) and feed right away(but then the 24h routine breaks) or I take what I need and keep feeding the rest(~30%) of the levain at 10pm, without discarding?
×