• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anatomy of a Cocktail

beans

Oooh! Nice write up with great suggestions, ideas and fantastic cocktail recipes!

These are some of quotes I chose to highlight, but if you want to read more about the actual cocktails he presented, you gotta click here. :wink:

Francesco demonstrated how to make cocktails using what he calls ‘the anatomy of the cocktail”— sight, smell and taste.

"A great cocktail is like life,” said Lafranconi. “You need to know how to strike a good balance with your different elements to achieve success.”

“Cocktail culture is a growing phenomenon in America and new recipes like these created by Francesco demonstrate how beverage designers are taking cocktails to a whole new level,” says DISCUS Senior Vice President Frank Coleman.

I've seen those tiny South African pineapples at our produce markets and what a fun idea! I always enjoy using fresh sugar cane and have played with some hot pepper jam in drinks, but now I'm on the hunt for Peach Chipotle Jam.

I sooooooo love this concept and application of culinary into the spirited drink glass. Heirloom Tomato Juice! Yum, Cardamom-Orange Butter is a must try -- this week!

This was a lovely write up by those good folks at DISCUS. :wub:

Cheers!