• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

There is no edit history to show, or this comment was edited by a moderator.

• Similar Content

• By eglies
      Serious help please 😬
      In production of airbrushing many moulds at a time:
      Paint and scrape the mould immediately for each mould every time After scraping the mould you cant get everything off so you need to clean each mould on paper As a result paint from the edges of the mould chips off  Please see picture attached and if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.  
      Any tricks on scraping and cleaning moulds after airbrush when in production.

Thank you
      Egli

• By SilverstoneBakehouse
      Hey Guys,

I have just managed to acquire two secondhand 2016 Selmi One's at a good price, but they did not come with operator manuals. Since the very first thing I want to do is give them as thorough a clean as I can, I feel having access to a manual is vital, and yet I don;t seem able to find one online. As such, I have reached out to the UK agent, but thought I would also ask here if anyone has a digital copy they could ping me?

I'm really excited to have purchased these two Selmi's following some outside investment in my chocolate racing helmet business. Also within the next couple of days, both Mario Andretti and Fernando Alonso will be tasting my creations, which if you know anything about motorsport, is kind of a big deal

Cheers guys!

Matthew

• By eglies
      I am a new start up in chocolate making. I tried to freeze a container with my bonbons and all the caps just cracked after using my simple vacuum machine. Please help! Which containers should I use and how do you vacuum pack these containers. Anyone with a picture of the container would help.
      thank you
    • By sbain
      WANTED: Chocovision tempering machine. 

Looking for a gently used tempering machine. Anyone have one they like to sell?

thanks!
    • By EmmMax
      So I seem to be doing the thing where the more I find out and learn about chocolate the more I realize I don't know.  
      I'm wondering how little I can get away with spending in the very beginning. My husband is back in school and I'm wondering if chocolate experimenting is even feasible right now or if its something I should wait on. 
      I figure I can practice tempering and molding at a low cost, but from there does it get steep?