• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

San Francisco: Need to eat TONIGHT

jsmeeker

In town for MacWorld with some friends. Keynote day is always a "weird" one as we are always pretty beat, and not too sure of who all is available to go eat, who is up for dinner, etc.

Looks like we have 4 or 5 people. I'm in Union Square, another guy in SOMA (at the W). Two people at the Warf.

Last year, I wend t to Tadich Grill and enjoyed it. Thinking of going back there. Recommend some other places. Maybe an Italian place in North Beach? A not too pricey place in Union Square?

NON-CHAIN, please. We all enjoyed our lunches at the new Westside Pavillion mall after the keynote. That was a winner, IMHO.

Edit: Probably looking to do this around 8:00ish

Edited by jsmeeker (log)

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

What about Piperade (if you can get in)?

hmmmm Looks like something I would like, but it's probably a bit "fancy" for tonight, plus my friends aren't "eGullet types". I need food that's pretty "simple" But still tasty, and ideally, something that says "San Francisco"

I gotta TRY to convert them. (dragging them down to the Ferry Building was a failure, but to be fair, it's a bit of a hike from Moscone and we DID want to get back to the convention floor fairly quickly)

It's pretty simple food actually.  But interesting.  I would take anybody there.  Take a cab.

OK... Good to know...

I'll suggest it. Would I need an advance reservation? I'd hate to book one, then have the other people veto, or just suggest it, go, and strike out? I get the impression that it's popular by your "if you can get in" comment.

It's pretty simple food actually.  But interesting.  I would take anybody there.  Take a cab.

OK... Good to know...

I'll suggest it. Would I need an advance reservation? I'd hate to book one, then have the other people veto, or just suggest it, go, and strike out? I get the impression that it's popular by your "if you can get in" comment.

DEFINITELY need reservations, especially with one of the largest conventions in town (that you are attending). Also, for the rest of the week, HERE is a good list of "Dine About Town" options; 3 courses for $31.95 for dinner. Some GREAT bargains!

thanks, Carolyn.. Knew about the restaurant week thing.. Too bad most of the people I am with aren't big food people. The Thirsty Bear sounds good.

Looks like Piperade is gonna be out for this dinner.. But maybe another night? Looks good.

Thanks again

looks like tonight is a bust. No one wants to go out. One other guy is meeting up with the people at the Warf, at thier hotel. I just agreed to meet up down there,

Hang with friends or dine alone? Grrr.... The decisions that I have to make.

I love Town Hall and Salthouse (same owners). Really delicious upscale Amercian, two great spots, lively and happening. I would suspect you need reservations.

i believe their website is www.townhallsf.com

"A man's got to believe in something...I believe I'll have another drink." -W.C. Fields