• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Goat Cheese Mousse

sweetback

I am looking to make a goat cheese mousse as a desert, i have seen recipes for goat cheese mousse but they are as a savory dish for appertizers, can someone give me some info on how to turn this into desert, also I was thinking of freezing it so I could shape it into a quenelle.

Thanks

Personally, what I would do is to thin the goat cheese with 2% or whole milk until it is a spreadable or pipeable consistency. Then, whip some heavy cream until it forms medium peaks. Fold in the whipped cream, 1/3 at a time, taking care to deflate it as little as possible. Sweeten to taste. Spoon into serving glasses, top with some caramelized pecans and a couple of slices of Granny Smith apple. Or maybe a drizzle of some caramel sauce. I think you are trying to combine different texture and flavor sensations -- salty, sweet, sour -- crunchy and creamy.

Flickr: Link

Instagram: Link

Twitter: Link