• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rooms for 200-500 in Paris Restaurants

John Talbott

In Wednesday's Figaroscope, the "Dossier" covered huge (200-500 covers) dining spaces, that included:

Golden Wok 500 covers

La Coupole

l’Ile 450

Quai Ouest 400

New Nioulaville + Chai 33 400

Chartier 346 and at a good price

Mandala Ray 320

Mood 300

Le Café du Commerce 280

La Gare 260

Barrio Latino 300

Buddha Bar 300

Moussa l’Africain 200

Asian 200

and other big spaces – the Café de la Paix, Mollard, Bofinger, Flo, Jenny + Boeuf sur le Toit.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

I know that in France, unlike in the States, most restaurants only have one seating per night, without "turning over" the tables; but these are just too big for my taste!! :smile: Even Figaroscope's intro warns that the food quality is not as grand as the space!

Now, John, you need a post on the smallest and most intimate restos in Paris...

I know that in France, unlike in the States, most restaurants only have one seating per night, without "turning over" the tables; but these are just too big for my taste!!  :smile:    Even Figaroscope's intro warns that the food quality is not as grand as the space!

Now, John, you need a post on the smallest and most intimate restos in Paris...

Yes we do. While there was one on small restaurants, it's dated (2001). I've just put up a compendium of "Romantic" ones here

but that's different, so I'll start a new thread.

John Talbott

• 2 months later...

Poking thru the Resto Guide section at FNAC I came up with a book that one should consult if interested in places that accommodate large groups - it's the Guide des Salles de Réception Paris Ile de France et Departements Limitrophes published by Broché on July 6, 2006 and selling on Amazon.fr for 17.10 E.

John Talbott