• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vancouver Patios

Actually - that was a better service day!  I had gone a couple of nights before to check things out - and the service was even worse.  Really clueless.

Wow - a higher standard than some of the newspaper reviewers - you actually visit multiple times before giving a bad review! :wink:

Cheers!

I'm surprised Raincity Grill hasn't been mentioned yet....

So, with C, Cardero's, Nu, and Ocean 617, we have just five places with a view and excellent food in Vancouver. What is it, zoning? real estate?, lack of desire? Is Harry the only guy with smarts enough to make it work?

By the way, Jericho Sailing Centre has great cold beer on a hot beach day. Bikini views, plus the north shore and cityscape in the distance. It's already packed in the good weather, so I'm not spoiling it for anyone here.

It's a hassle to get to, and can be over-run with tourists, but Sequoia Grill in Stanley Park is pretty hard to beat for a view, and the food almost matches up.

Bravo Bistro also has a nice patio. Location is great, food is exceptional, service is exceptionally bad. I keep waiting for John Cleese to come out of the back. The owner is such a nice guy, and so gracious, why can't he get good help?

I agree with EatBC that Raincity Grill is great. A little bit too much traffic noise but the food and wine list make up for it.

I'm surprised to see the criticism of Ocean 617. I've been three times since Sean Cousins took over and have yet to be disappointed. (The weather hasn't cooperated, so can't comment on how comfortable their patio is.)

A hidden gem is the Kingston Pub on Richards. Their patio is enclosed by the surrounding buildings, so zero view. The food is, naturally, pub food, but best of the genre. Mainly it's just a relaxing hideaway to escape on a sunny day.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tojo's. Its patio has views of downtown and the North Shore in the distance.

Edited by liamdc (log)

Liam

Eat it, eat it

If it's gettin' cold, reheat it

Have a big dinner, have a light snack

If you don't like it, you can't send it back

Just eat it -- Weird Al Yankovic

What wine would you recommend with the "pig"? It will be a hot summers day with

plenty of egulleters attending........

Best patio in the city is attached to the back of my house.  All the rest are pretenders.  Food's pretty good too ... especially when there's pig involved.

A.