• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Beer hot spots around Albany/Saratoga NY?

Graphix

any info would be great.

thanks

brendan

Refer to Lew Bryson's book, "New York Breweries" for very detailed info on Albany and environs, or search his website, www.lewbryson.com .

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

There are a couple of places in Glens Falls, about 20 minutes north of Saratoga that make their own excellent beers. Davidson's Brew Pub makes fine beers and is a restaurant. The place is much more noteworthy for their beer than their food, but the latter is acceptable if one is primarily looking for good beer. IMO, the best beer in the entire area comes from Cooper's Cave Ale Co. This is not a restaurant, but in addition to great beer (one can purchase it in "growler" jugs), they make and sell excellent ice cream and sodas. The beers at either place are better than anything else I've had from either Albany or Saratoga.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

hey doc, thanks for the suggestions i hit them both up tonight. Went to davidsons for dinner and a beer, tried the "Dacker" very malty with some sweeteness, decent overall. Then headed to coopers and shared a ice cream float with my girl. Grabbed a growler of their maibock to bring home. will get back to you after alittle testing this week :-)

thanks for the suggestions

Brendan

hey doc, thanks for the suggestions i hit them both up tonight. Went to davidsons for dinner and a beer, tried the "Dacker" very malty with some sweeteness, decent overall. Then headed to coopers and shared a ice cream float with my girl. Grabbed a growler of their maibock to bring home. will get back to you after alittle testing this week :-)

thanks for the suggestions

Brendan

Any time. I will look forward to your thoughts on the CCAC.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz