• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Orleans Food

joiei

You can order a signed copy of Tom Fitzmorris' new cookbook here. A collection of over 225 memorable recipes from the city's favorite food writer.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

With New Orleans Food, Tom presents more than 250 great New Orleans recipes designed for the home cook, all steeped in the Creole and Cajun traditions, yet updated to reflect contemporary tastes and ingredients. From small plates (Shrimp Remoulade with Two Sauces) to main courses (Redfish Herbsaint, Root Beer-Glazed Ham) to desserts and drinks (Bananas Foster, Beignets, and Cafe au Lait), these are dishes both elegant and casual, traditional and evolved. Whether you are nostalgic for the taste of New Orleans or simply love good food, New Orleans Food should find a place on your cookbook shelf. Now every Monday, everywhere, can be red-beans-and-rice day.
review on Cooks.com

This looks incredibly enticing! :biggrin:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

• 1 month later...

Has anyone bought this cookbook yet? How is it? I'm thinking of buying it to help support the New Orleans rebuild.

I've seen a wide discrepancy in the prices though. But the one from the original poster would be signed.

I ordered direct from Tom and it came right away autographed to me. I will be cooking some from it this next week.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

i ordered it, also from the author, and it is residing by my bed. ironically, the first time i will get a chance to more than glance at it, will be on the plane, to NEW ORLEANS! just booked a trip for next week, with my two sons, neither of whom has ever been. laissez le bon temps roulez, kids...within reason!

"Laughter is brightest where food is best."

www.chezcherie.com

Author of The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook ,The I Love Trader Joe's Party Cookbook and The I Love Trader Joe's Around the World Cookbook