• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

7 hours ago, DianaB said:

I realise that this is going back awhile but I can’t find a response to this conundrum, have I just missed the relevant post or are we still waiting to discover what this strange device might help with?  

7 hours ago, Anna N said:

I don’t think we got even a guess never mind an answer.

A double apology.

First, I believe I posted this and was then hospitalised and largely out of contact. No one did supply a guess, which brings me to the second apology.

Apologies for posting something so obscure. I guess you don't see many water caltrops round your way. I bought a bunch (they are similar in taste to water chestnuts but a different shape. That tool came with them and is intended to aid in opening the stubborn little shits!

e4dfbc95-51ea-4536-8e42-0a653d90b600.thumb.jpg.ea8804dc4bd190dc7a0a6e3866c41d7e.jpg

Water caltrops

I never got to test it as the woman whom I pay to clean my apartment decided she didn't know what they were and binned them while I was in hospital. She also binned my dish draining rack (go figure?), my shrimp knife and at least one oyster knife along with a priceless* piece of artwork that I loved and treasured. My famous half a plate - gone!

half.thumb.jpg.b0a02a879457613b401cb3d6ec4a0cab.jpg

There may be other things missing. I'm not accusing her of theft; I just honestly think that she has no idea and anything alien to her must be garbage. Including me. I have now binned her.

*Some spell that "worthless".

liuzhou

liuzhou

49 minutes ago, DianaB said:

I realise that this is going back awhile but I can’t find a response to this conundrum, have I just missed the relevant post or are we still waiting to discover what this strange device might help with?  

42 minutes ago, Anna N said:

I don’t think we got even a guess never mind an answer.

A double apology.

First, I believe I posted this and was then hospitalised and largely out of contact. No one did supply a guess, which brings me to the second apology.

Apologies for posting something so obscure. I guess you don't see many water caltrops round your way. I bought a bunch (they are similar in taste to watre chestnuts but a different shape. That tool came with them and is intended to aid in opening the stubborn little shits!

e4dfbc95-51ea-4536-8e42-0a653d90b600.thumb.jpg.ea8804dc4bd190dc7a0a6e3866c41d7e.jpg

Water caltrops

I never got to test it as the woman whom I pay to clean my apartment decided she didn't know what they were and binned them while I was in hospital. She also binned my dish draining rack (go figure?), my shrimp knife and at least one oyster knife along with a priceless* piece of artwork that I loved and treasured. My famous half a plate - gone!

half.thumb.jpg.b0a02a879457613b401cb3d6ec4a0cab.jpg

There may be other things missing. I'm not accusing her of theft; I just honestly think that she has no idea and anything alien to her must be garbage. Including me. I have now binned her.

*Some spell that "worthless".