• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Self editing

56 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

The are both plate lifters. Everyone in China has them for lifting plates out of steamers. I have both those shown.

I have to bow to the expert and not believe what I read on the labels on the Chinese packages here. I do apologize. However, the second one I bought thinking it was a pot lifter and it works well for me as one so that's how I'm going to use it.

I am amazed and how sturdy they are for as flimsy as they look. They're great little products.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

50 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

The are both plate lifters. Everyone in China has them for lifting plates out of steamers. I have both those shown.

I have to bow to the expert and not believe what I read on the labels on the Chinese packages here. I do apologize, however, the second one I bought thinking it was a pot lifter and it works well for me as one so that's how I'm going to use it.

I am amazed and how sturdy they are for as flimsy as they look. They're great little products.