• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

huiray

huiray

Skyline Chili.  :-) 

I had my usual: large 4-way, onions. YUM.

DSCN0365a_600.jpg

Obligatory oyster crackers, automatically brought to the table. I also had iced tea. Skyline hot sauce not shown, forgot to park the bottle of it nearby before taking the pictures.

DSCN0366b_600.jpg

The Skyline location in Indy I usually go to, on E 82nd Street, when I have the yen to stuff my face with one of these.

(The one on W 86th is not as good, for some reason)

PS: The Sterns talk about Cincinnati Chili in their "Real American Food" (Knopf, NY, 1986) starting on pg 242 and give a recipe for it on pg 244 with the title "Queen of Chilis". It has been called one of USAmerica's most quintessential and/or iconic foods.

huiray

huiray

DSCN0365a_600.jpg

Obligatory oyster crackers, automatically brought to the table. I also had iced tea. Skyline hot sauce not shown, forgot to park the bottle of it nearby before taking the pictures.

DSCN0366b_600.jpg

The Skyline location in Indy I usually go to, on E 82nd Street, when I have the yen to stuff my face with one of these.

PS: The Sterns talk about Cincy Chili in their "Real American Food" (Knopf, NY, 1986) starting on pg 242 and give a recipe for it on pg 244 with the title "Queen of Chilis".

huiray

huiray

DSCN0365a_600.jpg

DSCN0366b_600.jpg

The Skyline location in Indy I usually go to, on E 86th Street, when I have the yen to stuff my face with one of these.

PS: The Sterns talk about Cincy Chili in their "Real American Food" (Knopf, NY, 1986) starting on pg 242 and give a recipe for it on pg 244 with the title "Queen of Chilis".