• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

hee-hee!  I don't "stock" per se "mixes/blends" - DW has been known to buy stuff like "Italian seasoning" - but I prefer to portion out the individual 'stuff' meself. 

86 is a good number!  I like it!  spice on!

we're not fans of highly spiced/hot spiced dishes, hence many of the 20-alarm bottles don't get a bed in my cabinet.

but, , , , we survive . . . . 

some special stuff get purchased 'per dish' - shichimi togarashi is one.  little vial.... used lately "post original need" in a stir fry . . .

oh boy.... it is really hot - future use will be only in mini-pinches!

I have a vial of saffron for "Amish Chicken Corn Chowder" - now . . . . that's a contradiction in existence, because the Amish are very thrifty and would never be buying saffron threads . . . . for anything . . .

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

hee-hee!  I don't "stock" per se "mixes/blends" - DW has been known to buy stuff like "Italian seasoning" - but I prefer to portion out the individual 'stuff' meself. 

86 is a good number!  I like it!  spice on!

we're not fans of highly spiced/hot spiced dishes, hence many of the 20-alarm bottles don't get a bed in my cabinet.

but, , , , we survive . . . .  some special stuff get purchased 'per dish' - shichimi togarashi is one.  little vial.... used "post original need" in a recent stir fry . . .

I have a vial of saffron for "Amish Chicken Corn Chowder" - now . . . . that's a contradiction in existence, because the Amish are very thrifty and would never be buying saffron threads . . . . for anything . . .

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

45 is a good number!  I like it!  spice on!

but, , , , we survive . . . .  some special stuff get purchased 'per dish' - shichimi togarashi is one.  little vial.... used "post original need" in a recent stir fry . . .