• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fourth Annual eGS Asian Lunar New Year Dinner

Jason Perlow

You don't need to -verbally- RSVP, but its great to hear you are joining us, Jonathan. Everyone who places their reservation through PayPal is good to go.

For everyone, Please note you MUST reserve your place via the PayPal link (above or below) in order to confirm your seat, thanks! We cannot take money at the event.

Click Here to Place your Reservation and pay via PayPal

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Oh oh. But we don't have any springrolls this year!

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

This event is fast approaching. We've gotten several RSVPs via PayPal in addition to the ones here, but there are still seats available. We are setting an RSVP and payment deadline of Wednesday, January 25th, since we need to give Cecil a headcount by Thursday. If you're still on the fence, I hope you decide to come. We look forward to seeing you there!

Payment Link

I haven't been to egullet in quite a while and am delighted that I got this email today from Jason. I've never been to this place and it's 2 miles from my house! I'm just delighted to be attending. It will be my first egullet event. Great menu. I'm totally tantalized!

Edited by marge201 (log)

Need to have a charity up here at the Escoffier. :biggrin: . I'd love to come, but there is no way I will be able to navigate in Jersey. Ii makes no sense in my brain.

Edited by chiantiglace (log)

Dean Anthony Anderson

"If all you have to eat is an egg, you had better know how to cook it properly" ~ Herve This

Pastry Chef: One If By Land Two If By Sea

Need to have a charity up here at the Escoffier. :biggrin: .  I'd love to come, but there is no way I will be able to navigate in Jersey.  Ii makes no sense in my brain.

No need to navigate, I am sure I or another eG member would be more then happy to help. If you need me to make the drive up to scoop you I would be game.

Need to have a charity up here at the Escoffier. :biggrin: .  I'd love to come, but there is no way I will be able to navigate in Jersey.  Ii makes no sense in my brain.

No need to navigate, I am sure I or another eG member would be more then happy to help. If you need me to make the drive up to scoop you I would be game.

Thats very nice of you, But I would never ask anyone to come up to Hyde Park. If anything I would atleast take the train down to gran central. I've just never been comfortable with New Jersey.

Dean Anthony Anderson

"If all you have to eat is an egg, you had better know how to cook it properly" ~ Herve This

Pastry Chef: One If By Land Two If By Sea

If you take the train down, there's buses to NJ, or perhaps someone would be willing to pick you up at the ferry. However, the restaurant is right on a highway, very convenient from the GWB, so there's not too much navigating involved.

~~~

On another note, I was thinking of making a rainbow jello mold, so I could take step by step photos for another thread. However, I don't need such a massive amount of jello in my house at once! So, I was thinking of bringing it as an extra dessert to the banquet. Would you all like that or should I just bring it to my office for the Realtors to devour?

I've been convinced that it is in my best interest to go... (winking at the coercing parties)

Right now, Sunday is in the air at this time since we have things going on. Please RSVP for 2 - 1 paid / definite AND 1 unpaid indefinite. It depends on weather and schedules etc. Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing you all there. :biggrin:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Stacy -- we can take reservations up until Friday, but we can't have "indefinites". If we don't have the PayPal payment on Friday, we can't assure the reservation for that person because we have to pay the restaurant on Sunday for a set amount of people. We have no ability to take money at the event.

We still have seats left, so if anyone still wants to go, there's definitely room.

Again, here is the PayPal payment link. That serves as your RSVP -- posting in this forum that you are RSVPing without paying in advance does not suffice.

2006 China 46 Chinese New Year Dinner Payment Link

I'm in for two.

For those of you who still want to attend the dinner, if you're going to pay by credit card it's still possible to do so if you complete the transaction tomorrow (Friday). This will still allow us to update the head count and make payment to the restaurant. I think we can accommodate about 5 more people.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I Ihave M'd Jason about this.

I paid for 2 - really looking forward to the event.

I have found out that I must attend a funeral that afternoon, and probably won't be able to get there. I don't know whether it is still possible to cancel, and if not I will still try to make it.

Thanks

My husband will be joining us as well on Sunday, he barely knows about e-gullet so this may be a bit of a "shock" for him. I just reserved my payment so consider this our "2nd" RSVP so you'll meet both of the "Big C's"! :wub:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

If you're lucky, there will also be extensive and confusing roadwork going on at that point on the highway -- there usually is.

Here is some good news then, the construction work on the bridge/road has finished as of this morning (Jan 27). They must of known you guys were coming or something :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday. :smile:

--Cecil

looking forward to seeing everyone tonight. Be sure to bring singles to tip the lion!

looking forward to seeing everyone tonight. Be sure to bring singles to tip the lion!

Boy, I’m glad I’m married. Jason, feeding Singles to the Lion must be part of the New Year’s sacrifice :huh: ? See you in couple of hours, LOL - Mike F.

Looking forward to seeing all of you very soon. Because I've forgotten more than a few times, I'll just mention again that China 46 is BYO. So if you want wine or beer, bring it -- and bring extra.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)