• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Barca Velha, Little Falls

tkrongold

has anyone been here yet?  we might try it tonight.

No, not yet the only good place I've been to out that way was called (I think?) the Barn in Wayne or Totowa it's near IMS and that big golf course not too far where Thomas English Muffins/Perugina factories were. Man, they had great salads! Please let us know. Happy Hanukkah Happy Holidays.

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

We were there recently. They haven't received their liquor license yet so BYO. Food was good enough that we would certainly try this restauant again. We especially liked the swordfish special and octopus salad. Desserts are made in house and there is one that is made with a thinnly sliced pound cake, whipped cream and berries that was scrumptious.

Let us know what you think.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

• 5 months later...

Has anyone been here recently? I don't recall seeing any reviews anywhere and my girlfriend lives in Little Falls. If this place is as good as Ironbound, it's a welcome alternative to Newark driving and parking.

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside" -Mark Twain

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n roll." -Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of The Legend of Zelda, circa 1990

Hi Terry! Did you ever make it here? Anyone ever go here? I would welcome a new Portuguese or Spanish restaurant to try near or in Bergen Co! Rosie do you know if they got their liquor license yet... not that it matters too much to me, also what would you recommend other than the seafood? Thanks again. :cool:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Hi Terry! Did you ever make it here? Anyone ever go here? I would welcome a new Portuguese or Spanish restaurant to try near or in Bergen Co! Rosie do you know if they got their liquor license yet... not that it matters too much to me, also what would you recommend other than the seafood? Thanks again. :cool:

Hi, Stacey. No, we haven't gotten here yet - it's still on our list!

www.cookstour.netMy Blog

I tried doing a walk-in this past Saturday at around 6 pm, but they were very packed. They said about a 45 minute wait for a table. I guess I'll have to try on a weekday or make a reservation.

Judging from the vast amount of Mercedes and BMWs side by side in the parking lot, they seem to be doing great business.