• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Slow Year for Paris Restaurants?

raisab

It seems to me that this has been a slow year for new restos in Paris. Last year we spoke about Cerisaie, L'Entredgeu, Le Vieux Chene, etc...

This year, only Le Comptoir stands out in my mind. What does everyone think were outstanding new restaurants this year? Maybe I am just out of the loop, but I really can't think of any.

Edited by raisab (log)

Paris is a mood...a longing you didn't know you had, until it was answered.

-An American in Paris

It seems to me that this has been a slow year for new restos in Paris. Last year  we  spoke about Cerisaie, L'Entredgeu, Le Vieux Chene, etc...

This year, only Le Comptoir stands out in my mind. What does everyone think were outstanding new restaurants this year? Maybe I am just out  of the loop, but I really can't think of any.

Oh gosh no.

I'm tardy in beginning my "Best Of" list but if you'll be patient, we've got a lotta winners - eg the Table Lauriston, Temps au Temps, Dominique Bouchet, Cinq Mars, Pibale Club 308, Caves Miard, l'Instant Gourmand, Goupil le Bistrot, Louis Vins, l'Ecallier du Bistrot, Casaluna, Thierry Burlot + Table de JR's new menus, the reborn Gaya + Senderens, Guifeli, Cave est Restaurant, Jour a Peyrassol, Maxan, Carte Blanche, Chez Les Anges + Cou de la Girafe to name just a few of the latest and we've got 3 more weeks.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris