• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anthony Bourdain

This isn't so much a question as an observation. I used to write for a living (pretty dry stuff - lawyer stuff). But I also love to read. And I know good writing when I see it. Anthony Bourdain is a very talented writer - and I enjoy what he writes - in his books - and in Gourmet (even though we have had a couple of big fights here over trivial matters - we are not exactly tight buddies). Only thing is - he needs a good editor - someone to remind him from time to time that he doesn't have to be the Dean Martin of food writing. The substance of his writing is really terrific without the boozy aura. Robyn

This isn't so much a question as an observation.  I used to write for a living (pretty dry stuff - lawyer stuff).  But I also love to read.  And I know good writing when I see it.  Anthony Bourdain is a very talented writer - and I enjoy what he writes - in his books - and in Gourmet (even though we have had a couple of big fights here over trivial matters - we are not exactly tight buddies).  Only thing is - he needs a good editor - someone to remind him from time to time that he doesn't have to be the Dean Martin of food writing.  The substance of his writing is really terrific without the boozy aura.  Robyn

WE all need an editor. And believe me, we edit Tony. As I'm sure he would tell you.