• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cuisine Gourmet

There is a new store about to open on de Maisonneuve between Drummond and Stanley (in the premises of the now defunct Le Drummond) which promises to be quite interesting. The upstairs will be a gourmet cooking store featuring high end products such as All-Clad, etc. The downstairs which will open somewhat later (Spring 06) will feature prepared foods.

This should prove a welcome addition to the downtown core and well timed for the arrival of all the new condos being built on De Maisonneuve and Le Roc Fleuri on Drummond.

Well, I'm not all that surprised. The woman who ran it was lovely, but I found their prices outrageous. I remember seeing a Le Creuset pot there for $300 that i had picked up at Costco the day before for $100. And, come to think of it, the Costco Creuset came with a bonus free fry pan.

• 4 weeks later...

Cuisine Gourmet opened yesterday. A first glance confirms that this is a very nice store indeed. Perhaps not the selection that you might find at an Ares or Monas but they have pretty much everything that a home cook could ever want.