• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Italian Pastries in Providence

ErinB

This may not be exactly what you are looking for as it is not strictly Italian, but there is a pastry shop in Federal Hill that is superb! It is called Pastiche, located at 42 Spruce Street in Providence(on the side of the hill closest to the highway) They have some of the most exsquisite tarts and pastries that I have ever eaten. And I'm a fat guy(well, my wife tells me that anyway)

Pastiche 401-861-5190

Have a slice of tart and a cup of coffee while you're there. Even if it isn't exactly what you are looking for it's worth the trip.

I've had little luck with this myself, but I do know that some people like Scialo Brothers Bakery at 257 Atwells Ave ((401) 421-0986).

Erin, do they have to be Italian? If not, Ursula's on Broad Street in Cranston does amazing stuff, much of it Austrian, but all of it very, very good. Perhaps they make a few Italian things.

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

Ok thanks for the advice.  Both places have websites and menus online.  I'll let you know what I end up doing.

Konditor Meister in Braintree also has superb sweets, mini pastries, and etc. 729 Hope (cafe) does yummy desserts. Whole Foods and Eastside Market both have bakeries that do speical order as well. Johnson and Wales' 'Johansen' also has pastries, and the Pastry Gourmet on Elmgrove does cakes, but their quality is variable, IMHO.

Karen

All that is needed for evil to survive is for good people to do nothing