• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ridiculously named Vancouver restaurants

snacky_cat

There's an "I Love Sushi" right here in our beloved province - in Richmond, to be exact. It's on Westminster Highway, across from the Richmond Public Market in one of those strip malls. At least, it was there last month... Apparently the sushi's pretty cheap there - I've been once, but I don't remember what it was like.

There's an "I Love Sushi" right here in our beloved province - in Richmond, to be exact.

Richmond is out of province, and even out of country for that matter. That's what makes it such a fun place to visit and go for food. (I grew up in Richmond before it became annexed.)

Baker of "impaired" cakes...

My Vancouver Top-40 (or so).

They might range from the homely to the twee, from the Jewish-Japanese fusion found at Hime Japanese Restaurant to the reassuringly (if unimaginatively) named Tasty Hungarian Goulash Restaurant, but all ask the same question-- "Was this really a good idea?"

Top Paste Food Restaurant

Dai-Bac No. 2

Double DD Pizza

Woo Lee Jip

Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine Restaurant

Tea-Ny Bubbles Café

Thang Bom

Vong Gac

Salad Loop Enterprises Limited

Towa Young Japanese Takeout Restaurant

Dalat By Night Restaurant

Don Don Noodle House

Jason’s Beef Noodle

Dong’s

Dai Ichi Sushi

U-Grill

Ten Thanks

Uncle Fatih’s Pizza

Inspiring Grounds Cafe

Sushi Q

Mrs. Suave Filipino Cuisine

Oh! Darling Japanese Restaurant

Fast Food Gassy Jack’s

Foo’s Ho Ho

Original Goodmorning Restaurant

Kaywest Western Japanese-Style Cuisine

Wonder Sushi

Ho Tak Kee Wonton House

Woo Mi Sushi

Fresh Counter & Catering

Golden Chop & Wok

Good Deal Restaurant Limited

Good View Seafood

Hot Pizza

Wokman’s

Woo Mi Sushi

Wow! Factor Desserts

X-It Café

Zesty Restaurant

Chatters

Kung Pow Phat Soy Restaurant Enterprises (2005) Limited :blink:

Edited by jamiemaw (log)

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

After reading Jamie's list all I can say is thank god for restaurant marketers. Cate Simpson and Sue Alexander thank you in advance if you help decide on restaurant names.

Cheers,

Stephen

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

Oh, how could I have forgotten one of my all-time favourites when I started this thread? The pizza joint on Cornwall half a block east of Yew - which was Sgt. Pepperoni's for a good long time - became Beaver's Pizza a few years back, though I believe it has changed nomenclature once again.

Anyway, back in the Beaver's period my friend Craig and I would amuse hourselves for hours (well, ok, minutes) coming up with slogans for the place, like "Eat out at Beaver's tonight" and "How about a hot slice of Beaver's?".

Jenn

"She's not that kind of a girl, Booger!"

• 3 weeks later...