• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

(PDX) leaving on a jet plane

I have my plans for while I am in Portland all ready. My last question is where to go to get food for the flight home when I leave on Tuesday afternoon. Who packs the best picnic. Unless someone knows of a great place to dine at DIA, I would rather pick up something before I head to the airport. Thanks.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

If you don't get any other leads, I've relied on Marsee bakery in the airport a few times. They make an decent brown bag lunch for flights. At PDX the stores aren't allowed to charge higher prices either, so you're not completely gouged. It's not earth shattering but it's not bad, I think you get a sandwich, cookie, drink and fruit for around $6. And there is a nice little Powell's with used and new books in case you don't have reading material.

You could go to City Market and buy stuff at Viande, some bread, and some fruit, and end up with a pretty nice picnic.

regards,

trillium

thanks, this is what I was looking for, a good quality bakery and or deli, I will have to check out Criollo's since I used to work at Criolla's . And I know the correct pronunciation. :biggrin:

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

I'd go to Pastaworks (SE Hawthorne between 37th and 38th).

There's a Pastaworks at City Market too...and they have Viande (in house charcuterie). But the Pastaworks is smaller at NW 21st then at Hawthorne.

regards,

trillium