• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bookbinder's Review Philadelphia Weekly

KatieLoeb

Thank you handmc. Nice to hear we have some loyalists in our corner. :smile:

And you're so right about the tipping thing! I realize Philadelphia is the best tipping city in the country but damn. So many tourists in this week for Penn Relays and whatever else. Had a couple of tables of Europeans in tonight (mostly French for whatever reason) that stiffed the waiters badly, and even an American table of five (clearly from out of town) that left the waitress $6 on a $150 check! :shock: That really ticked me off. I mean, that's just insulting. The dad was an ass too. Came out to the bar for a smoke and walked back through our non-smoking dining room with his lit cigarette to go fetch his beer. I had to go chase him down and remind him the dining rooms were non-smoking. There were still several other guests in that same room too. What a jerk.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol