• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anything you want from Northern Italy?

SWISS_CHEF

Hi Guys!

I am a Swiss (and American) wine merchant and today I had a chat with another wine merchant in Zurich that has his import license. As it works out we are going to work together and the short of the story is I can now drive to Italy (3 hours away) and import WHATEVER I WANT!!! :shock: If you were me, what would you go buy? Bearing in mind that most of my customers like to spend between $10 and $18 a bottle.

Kindest regards, Ed

You may have some better luck with this on the Italy forum, but I'll answer what little I can here.

Dorigo's Ribolla Gialla

Giacosa's Roero Arneis (it'll be right at $20 perhaps)

Vigna dei Parma's Bianchetti Genevose

A Maccia's Pigato

All whites that I've had recently. For reds, you might find some nice Lagrein wines.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero