• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Bagels in Town?

Thanks for the suggestion - will give it a try next time I'm in the neighborhood.

i would actually recommend going to omnitzky (its on cambie just south of 41st) because they tend to have a fresher selection of bagels. AND great 99cent hot dogs.

Omnitzky's prepares the kosher meals for Air Canada flights. The next time you fly on Air Canada, I would recommend that you pre-order the kosher meal. I think it's better than the regular Air Canada food.

What sorts of dishes do they usually prepare? i tend to bring my own food if i fly air canada b/c the food is so terrible. i would imagine the omnitzky food is still not that great?

For breakfast, they had potatos, an omlette, fruit, juice, and a bun. It is more appetizing than the powdered eggs they serve for the regular meals:

http://www.airlinemeals.net/meals/AirCanada-021030.html

I haven't had the lunch or dinner kosher meal, but I was told that they served Omnizky's smoked sandwiches.

• 1 month later...

Driving by 7th and Yukon, I noticed signage in a window on the southeast corner advertising a third Solly's location. No mention of anticipated opening date.

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Driving by 7th and Yukon, I noticed signage in a window on the southeast corner advertising a third Solly's location.  No mention of anticipated opening date.

I asked them last week, and they said they expect to be open in July. But when I asked them last month, they said they expected to be open in June.