• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Pain au Chocolat in Vancouver?

I like the pain au chocolat from Le Pic Nic in west van.  The croissant wrapping is perfectly flakey and buttery.  Made in small batches so there they don't go stale.

I've heard that uprising breads does goods croissants (not sure about the pain au chocolat's).  Given their 'worker guy' roots - I was surprised by this observations but I have not tasted them myself.

I have to agree with the Pic Nic recommendation. I got six there this morning at 9:30. They were just out of the oven, warm, flakey, and buttery. Actually better than any I've had in Paris. And they were BIG.

Paul B

I like the pain au chocolat from Le Pic Nic in west van.  The croissant wrapping is perfectly flakey and buttery.  Made in small batches so there they don't go stale.

I've heard that uprising breads does goods croissants (not sure about the pain au chocolat's).  Given their 'worker guy' roots - I was surprised by this observations but I have not tasted them myself.

I have to agree with the Pic Nic recommendation. I got six there this morning at 9:30. They were just out of the oven, warm, flakey, and buttery. Actually better than any I've had in Paris. And they were BIG.

Address, please.

"One chocolate truffle is more satisfying than a dozen artificially flavored dessert cakes." Darra Goldstein, Gastronomica Journal, Spring 2005 Edition

Address, please.

1443 Clyde Avenue

http://www.amblesidevillage.ca/lepicnicfre...eads&pastry.htm

I am not usually a fan of chocolate, but I am in love with Provence Marinaside's version -- warm, oozing chocolate and a (small, but) tasty, flaky pastry.

Food Lover -- nothing more, nothing less

• 2 years later...

A bit of a thread bump...Considering the number of new places since this thread was started (and that St. Moritz and Senses closed a while ago), I wonder if there are any wonderful ones to check out that weren't mentioned here?

Edited by Vancouver (log)